Friday 8 October 2010

About 7 Elements, this blog and me

Hello and welcome to 7 Elements blog and shop! I thought I would share with you the 7 Elements story.


Few years back for some reason I decided to go thought the labels of my bathroom products - shampoo, shower gel, lotion, etc.. At first I felt overwhelmed by the amount of unknown and hard-to-pronounce ingredients. Then I started learning, reading, comparing. This research made me realise how many dangerous chemicals I expose myself to! Each day... every day! Mass-produced items contain a large amount of synthetic chemicals - to make the shelf life longer, production cheaper and manufacturing process faster. And many of those chemicals are linked to various serious diseases - from skin irritation to cancer! Keeping in mind that I (like any other women) have quite a few items at my bathroom counter it didn't sound good at all... 

So that's when I seriously started considering making my own personal care products! By doing that I always know what goes into each product and eventually ends up on my skin! But it wasn't until recent that I actually started creating and producing hand-made cosmetics - the timing wasn't right before, I had a full time job and a different  mindset. 

As we know it when a person really desires something, all the universe conspires to help that person to realize this dream (the Alchemist). During the last year me and my husband moved to a new country, become new parents (and looooving it!!) and choose to be even more environmentally conscious in our every day choices. So doing natural cosmetics seemed to be a logical thing to do. Of course I could always go and buy everything I need, but I actually love making things, doing good for people and doing good for the environment. 

As I got into the world of natural skin care I keep learning and experimenting and I love doing that! I started by doing soaps, but since the natural soap curing process takes about 4-6 weeks (that means the  soap can't be used during this period) I made other things. I am enjoying the whole experience - choosing the raw-materials, creating the formula, testing it in small batches, making the packaging and using the products! I hope you'll enjoy using them to! 

Love,
Anya  




No comments:

Post a Comment